Monday, June 7, 2010

Kandinsky and Zoffany on the Wall

I have occasionally heard people comment that their pets have lives filled with more comfort and luxury than they, their owners, have.  

I think I can now make the same comment about the dolls who live in my daughter's dolls house. 


(living room, doll's house, with the sun streaming through the window)

After all, I don't have suede floor coverings or a Kandinsky hanging on my walls, nor are my walls papered in G&J Baker hand tinted wallpaper.

Remember this wall?   I suddenly loathed it over the weekend.  I wanted blankness.  So I removed the frames, took all the wallpaper samples out and wallpapered my daughter's dollhouse.  It took about an hour and felt really good. 


Here is the new bedroom for the German plastic jointed doll to sleep in:  1940's English silken flowery bed cover, Kyrgyzstani print on the wall, little copper flower pot, plants which never die.  Do you see my point?


And here is the nursery.   Some Zoffany wallpaper to set off the rocking horse and cot in the attic room.

I bet those dolls slept well last night. 

13 comments:

brismod said...

Those dolls will be the envy of everyone now. Such beautifully decorated rooms - a consequence of sudden loathing. Hmmm...I wonder if you'll tire of your divine Vixen lamp shades and be kind enough to ship them to Brisbane!

Laura said...

How gorgeous! My dolls had the same privilege when I was growing up. My dollhouse was quite fine as were the residents, while my actual house was rather modest!

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

oh my word, that is one swish doll's house! too cool.

Monika said...

I love this post, Jane! Those dolls really know a thing or two about decorating trends :-)

nevin said...

Ahhh.. I just adore this house! So lovely.. XX

Mise said...

My daughters' dolls would like to move in. Is there an equally snazzy guest room for them?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karen said...

If you hadn't said it was a doll house...I would have thought these were some wonderful large people sized rooms. I love the color you've used and the wallpapers are amazing. How lucky your daughter is to have such a talented mom. I can't wait to show this to my daughter with hopes of a doll house for our little one. Thanks for the wonderful inspiring photos.
Happy Monday.

Cornflakes and Honey said...

Oh how adorable and very stylish!!

I remember my dollhouse with great affection. I think every little girlie girl should have one! :-)

Tina said...

Shrink me now, I am moving in! What a fabulous doll's house! I love the Kandinsky:) What lucky dolls your daughter has! Hope you are having a great start to your week Jane ~ Tina x

Debra said...

What a great Mom. Those are very lucky little dolls-having sweet dreams among all of that beauty you created! You can re-do my bedroom anytime!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Jane,
Our daughter is 29 and I'm still decorating her dollshouse !!!!
Father Christmas bought her a delightful detatched Georgian residence when she was about 8. I wallpapered and I made curtains and blinds but, I never quite finished it.
You have done a wonderful job. It looks fantastic and I'm sure that your daughter is overjoyed with the latest renovations !! XXXX

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Dear Jane, I am in awe. My daughter has a lovely doll's house (pink terrace) I've been meaning to decorate it but have never got around to it. You've given me the inspiration to start. My dolls are all cheering at the thought of it! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails